Care Together projects
Supporting the establishment of new co-operative and mutual enterprises that provide sustainable workforce solutions in areas where current approaches are not working
The Care Together Program will support the establishment of new co-operatives and mutuals that provide sustainable workforce solutions in areas where current approaches are not working. To achieve this, it will identify and support the growth of existing social care co-operatives and mutuals in priority areas, existing organisations looking to convert to a co-operative or mutual model. Care Together will embed co-operative values and principles into each project to demonstrate how a diversity of ownership in care services can deliver improved outcomes for workers, consumers and communities.
An additional project of the Care Together Program is a flagship digital innovation project to enable small and medium sized co-operatives to be networked and provide back-office services.
Possible projects could include:
- Supporting place-based integrated social care services in regional, rural or remote locations
- Enabling more new worker co-ops to form in social care
- Empowering consumers of social care through a buyer’s co-op
- Developing innovative co-operatively owned housing and support options in aged care, building on the SILC model in disability care
- Empowering Indigenous communities to support culturally appropriate home care and social co-ops that are Indigenous-owned
- Buildling secondary co-ops that network smaller co-ops with shared business services
- Establishing place-based, multi-disciplinary health and social care teams that are co-operatively owned
How can I find out more?
An expression of interest process will provide an opportunity for projects to be selected based on criteria aligned to the objectives of the Care Together Program.
Are you interested in innovative, cross-sector, place-based solutions for care delivery where you live? We invite expressions of interest from individuals, organisations or communities to partner with Care Together to support your project. Contact the Care Together team and tell us about yourself, your community and your project.